Thursday, July 17, 2014

Psalm 85:11~Truth Shall Spring out of the Earth~The Cord, a poem


Our family in 1993 when Joshua was fifteen


The Palmist wrote:  

Truth shall spring out of the earth; and righteousness shall look down from heaven. Psalm 85:11

I've taken a sabbatical from Love Truth. The well of creativity drove me to finish my two books. They are now professionally edited. That means I had to work beside the editor to bring forth stories hopefully worthy for the eyes of readers. The one book is based on my Love Truth blog and my many posts here over the years.

That book's title is God's Mercies after Suicide: Blessings Woven through a Mother's Heart.

Now the book is making the rounds to agents and publishers, and if no one decides to take in on, I'll self- publish God's Mercies. I'm unsure of how long to give before I self-publish, but I'll know if and when the time comes. I'm thinking, though, of during the winter, because I have extra time available for bigger projects.

I chose the above verse, because my book is full of truth. It includes the truth of my account of what happened when Joshua died by suicide and how God blessed this mother through it, the Scriptures I used for each chapter, and the memories I included of my son. That truth sprung out of the earth--from Joshua's mother--and God our righteousness will bless this fruit. People will read this book, and it is my hope that they will be uplifted and drawn closer to our Lord.

I discovered this poem in my local chapter's newsletter of The Compassionate Friends:

The Cord
We are connected, my child and I,
By an invisible cord, not seen by the eye.

It's not like the cord that connects 'til birth.
This cord can't be seen by any on Earth.

This cord does its work right from the start.
It binds us together attached to my heart. 

I know that it's there though no one can see,
The invisible cord from my child to me.

The strength of this cord is hard to describe.
It can't be destroyed. It can't be denied.

It is stronger than any cord man could create.
It withstands the test, can hold any weight.

And though you are gone, though you're not here with me,
The cord is still there but no one can see.

It pulls at my heart, I'm bruised, I'm sore.
But this cord is my lifeline as never before.

I'm thankful that God connects us this way.
A mother and child, death can't take it away.

Author unknown, lifted from Portland Chapter TCF January-February 2014

Until next time . . . give someone your time when they weep from their losses

No comments:

Post a Comment