Wednesday, April 22, 2015

God's Mercies after Suicide: Blessings Woven through a Mother's Heart~End of March~A Mother's Memories




 
Joshua age Two

When Joshua turned a year old, I left him and his siblings with their daddy on my grocery shopping days. No longer did I have to bend over a car seat and unbuckle Joshua and haul three children down the aisles for my bimonthly groceries.

As I pulled out of the driveway, my husband held Joshua up to the window and helped him wave good-bye. I enjoyed my break for that hour and a half from housework and three children. 

Hurrying through my errands, I imagined Joshua crying for me.

As I’d drive back into our driveway, Daddy and baby would peer through the dining room window. Joshua most often had his face scrunched while he cried. By the time I opened the front door, Joshua would met me in the hallway and leap into my arms.

I sat on the couch and nursed him, while everyone brought in the groceries and put them away. On the shopping days when he had sobbed the worst, I brushed his sweaty hair from his forehead. 

I kissed his tear-drenched cheeks.

After Joshua finished his milk, he crawled off my lap. It was time for him to inspect the grocery bags left on the kitchen floor.

Lord, how blessed You have made me to be a mother. I always enjoyed my moments away, and was always ready to get back to mothering. In Jesus’s name, I praise You. Amen.

Reader Journal
~Your Mother Memories~
~Your Prayer of Praise~
~A Scripture of Encouragement~

No comments:

Post a Comment