Monday, June 15, 2015

Monday, June 15th~God's Mercies after Suicide: Blessings Woven through a Mother's Heart~Help Me to Sleep~Devotion & A Mother's Memories

Joshua, in Junior High, at a birthday party
“In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.”
—Psalm 4:8

At three in the morning, I sat with my head bowed in the darkened living room.

“Honey,” my husband said, startling me, “can’t you sleep?”

I shook my head. “Night after night, I do this.”

He rubbed my shoulder. “Me too.”

The next day at the vitamin section of my favorite natural foods store, I waited for someone to help me. A lady about my height smiled. “Can I answer a question?”

I told her of my continued problem with sleepless nights for seven months. She raised a finger. “I’ve got the solution.”

Relief washed over me, for I wanted to believe her.

That night I took the magnesium along with my normal calcium supplement and fell asleep within minutes of laying my head on the pillow. I did not wake for six hours. A big change from the mere three hours of broken sleep night after night.

Once again, Lord, you helped me when I needed it the most. I could no longer go without sleep, and You showed me the way. In Jesus’s name. Amen.

A Mother’s Memories

“Son, your dad and I believe if you build up your immune system, you may be able to stop much of your arthritis pain.”

Fifteen-year-old Joshua arched his brows. “That makes sense. Where do I start?”

He and I went to the library to research and came up with a regimen. He ate healthier, and added supplements, professional massages, and a combination of hot tub, sauna, and cold pool laps.

Within two months, Joshua walked without a limp from the pain in his foot. The redness in his feet and hands was gone.

Joshua exclaimed one day, “We did it, Mom.”

I grinned back at him. “You sure did, Son.”

Was it just chance that only a few months before, we’d moved next door to a couple who had the sauna, hot tub, and cold pool?

I believe not.

Thank you, Holy Father, for helping Joshua, as I asked for Your guidance to take away his pain. In Jesus’s holy name I pray. Amen.

Reader Journal
~Your Mother Memories~
~Your Prayer of Praise~
~A Scripture of Encouragement~

No comments:

Post a Comment